t h i n g s of s i m p l i c i t y
by their nature
e x p r e s s t r u t h f u l n e s s
"I believe that everything has room for improvement – the small shift that brings balance"
My flexibility in working with clients enables us to find the ideal balance together.
The result is a visual message that is an elegant expression of my clients’ goals — it naturally feels comfortable to them. I build brands that gain strength from longevity, not trendiness. Longevity is also a mark of my relationship with clients. Some of my very first are still with me more than 20 years later.
Clients are drawn to my work because my design esthetic reflects wabi-sabi. When creating, I see beauty in the imperfect, incomplete and transient. I like asymmetry, odd numbers and appreciate the Kanso principle: emphasizing the simple and basic, eliminating the ornate. I believe truthful and frank expression needs no decoration.
My clients are pleased to see their message shine through.
At the School of Visual Concepts, I learned how to draw imperfect lines, how to use fonts with and without serifs, how to color (and think) outside the box. I learned that design has no rules, and I liked that.
When I'm not working, one of my greatest pleasures is cooking. Wabi-sabi creeps into my cooking as well, the science of food combined with the esthetic of the plate is a rewarding challenge. The best part is sharing a meal and catching up with friends and family around the table. I am a Seattle native (no umbrellas) and lifelong resident.
I travel to see the world, but I always come back home to family and friends who make me feel grounded."
• amazon • abc pacific corporation • big time kid care • ryan castoldi photographer
• city kitchens • costco • dennis evans + nancy mee • emily alhadeff • espresso supply • harry & david • jag chocolatier • kaycee krysty • kasala • kevin bradford design
• le panier • pottery barn • premiere yachts • regency yachts • rr donnelley
• ron pederson cbba • salon dallas • strata law group • studio3 seattle
• symbotanica • tom clements photography • renaware international • thirteen salon
• virginia stamey interior design • wild ginger + the triple door
Copyright © 2019 zenboxstudio - All Rights Reserved.